Experienced Baker Wanted for Unique Equipment Sales Position
A fast-growing bakery equipment distributor in Northern New Jersey is seeking an experienced baker for a unique, multi-faceted bakery equipment sales position. This opportunity would enable candidates to utilize their baking skills on a regular basis, with a more predictable work schedule. We are looking for a highly driven individual comfortable being immersed in multiple aspects of the business. This includes the ability to work well and communicate within a team environment.
Clifton, New Jersey
- Provide individualized consultations with clients seeking equipment for their current bakery production. This includes incorporating your baking expertise and experiences within the consultation process; helping clients find the equipment solutions that best suit their production needs.
- Conduct both in-person and virtual equipment demonstrations that showcase how a potential client’s product(s) process on our equipment offerings.
- Respond to all lead inquiries within a 24-hour time period, per our company’s philosophy.
- Learn both marketing and technical operation knowledge of our equipment options. This includes basic machine overview, production rates, production limitations, identifying potential equipment solutions based on product types, etc.
- Provide end-user client support. This includes: providing an operational overview of the equipment post-purchase, installation support, delivery coordination, managing client expectations, etc.
- Client management that includes: weekly status meetings, writing quotes in a company approved format, answering incoming sales calls, etc.
- Managing key customer accounts, including dealers, repeat customers, chain accounts, etc.
Participation in industry trade shows. This includes team planning, on-site booth preparation, assisting visitors during show hours, post show cleanup, etc.
- Occasional travel (up to 25%) this includes both local and overnight installations, industry events, and international trips to visit vendors and conduct market research.
- Provide team based feedback when prompted. This includes project approvals, operational input, brainstorming, etc.
- 3+ years experience in a professional baking role, this includes baker, pastry chef, production manager, etc.
- Degree in a relevant field of study.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong work ethic, driven and self-motivated team player capable of meeting both individual and company goals.
- A customer service oriented approach towards each client interaction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Willingness to learn multiple aspects of our business operations.
- Willingness to learn productivity software such as CRM and Accounting programs.
- Ability to collaborate with marketing team for both print and digital projects.
- Participation in business development efforts. This includes market research, visiting potential clients, establishing dealer relationships, industry networking, etc.
- Knowledge (both verbal and written) of foreign languages are a plus, especially Spanish.
- Competitive base salary
- Performance based bonuses
- Medical insurance including health, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation, including 10 annual holidays.
- 401K retirement plan
Those interested in applying should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements via the contact form below for further consideration.