Skilled Technician Wanted For Unique Bakery Equipment Technician Position
A fast-growing bakery equipment distributor in Northern New Jersey is seeking an exceptional candidate for a multifaceted, Bakery Equipment Technician position. We are looking for a highly driven individual with strong mechanical abilities, capable of communicating and working well in a team environment; who is able to adapt to changing tasks several times throughout the workday.
Clifton, New Jersey
- Learn how to repair and maintain the various systems of the equipment we sell.
- Learn our equipment refurbishing process which may include welding, electrical repair, and painting.
- Answer incoming support hotline calls. This includes providing technical support and assistance in ordering parts.
- Perform tasks as requested by management that support company objectives and goals. This may include ancillary projects, building maintenance, etc.
- Render service to our customers at their facilities in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare and maintain work orders on both jobs currently being performed and long term projects.
- Participate in daily shipping and receiving activities if needed.
- Participate in industry trade shows. This includes on-site booth preparation, assisting visitors during show hours, post-show cleanup, etc.
- Participate in equipment installation and end user operational training.
- Participate in department planning which includes weekly department meetings and providing feedback when prompted.
- Active management of assigned tasks including ongoing repairs, customer work orders, and remanufacturing efforts.
- 3+ years of commercial/industrial equipment service experience.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
- A strong work ethic, driven and self-motivated team player capable of meeting both individual and company goals.
- A customer service oriented approach towards each client interaction.
- Willingness to learn.
- Willingness to participate in activities not directly tied to service and parts.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics.
- Welding experience is a plus.
- Automotive paint process experience is a plus.
- Machining experience is a plus.
- Knowledge (both verbal and written) of foreign languages is a plus, especially Spanish.
- Must own basic hand tools.
- Competitive base salary
- Performance based bonuses
- Medical insurance including health, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation, including 10 annual holidays.
- 401K retirement plan
Those interested in applying should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements via the contact form below for further consideration.